I'm more excited than words can say. WE got a Wii!!! I'd been wanting one for so long and now I (I mean we) have one!! Let me back up. A few weeks ago, we were at Best Buy and found 10, count 'em TEN, Wiis sitting on the shelf waiting to be snatched up and taken home. I had one in my clutches and walked around with it for a half hour before Adam finally convinced me that we needed to spend that money on baby stuff instead of a "fun game." I was heartbroken but agreed. After some time to think about it, we decided that we would get one the next time the opportunity presented itself. Fastforward - we're at the mall in the QC yesterday and walked past a gaming store to see FOUR Wiis sitting in the front window! I was so excited and after Adam promised we'd grab one on our way out of the mall, I was stoked...until we forgot. I was all excited to go to Barnes & Nobles for our "What to Expect when you're Expecting" book. Sad. So we went about our business and decided to stop at Toys 'R Us to look at carseats/stroller combos and low and behold - they had just gotten a shipment of Wiis!! To sweeten the deal, they had Wii Fits too!! The Wii Fit is about 75% of the reason I wanted one of these thingies in the first place and I was pumped. I scooped it up right away and THEN we went to look at carseats and strollers. New parents - advice please - do they make an infant carseat/stroller combo that clicks in and out of the bases (you'll know what I'm talking about if you have young 'uns) that works for carrying around an infant as well as when they get older? Or do you have to buy an infant carseat and "big kid" carseat separately? We only looked one day and have lots of time, but if anyone has any ideas there, let me know.
Back to the Wii Fit - Adam's getting it set up for him and isn't a fan - and I'm not looking forward to the weight part of it either...oh well. It's not like I'm in line for losing these days. Although I'm ready to get some bigger pants already!! I'm in my 7th week and it's not baby that's sticking out...it's all this bloating! So I supposed I should just get used to it and go buy the next size up. I don't plan on getting any bigger than that until I need maternity pants around...April? May? That puts me around 16-20 weeks...perhaps I'll need those pants sooner!
We're so excited for next weekend. Hopefully the week will be fast and painless and we'll be on our way to WI before we know it!! Oh, and another fun countdown - only 3 more days until we get to see our little bean!! The ultrasound is Wednesday!! (What if there's two in there???)
No comments:
Post a Comment