Monday, March 30, 2009

No ice cream!? What kind of pregnancy is this?!!

Ok, so Baby Schmidt and Mommy Schmidt are having our first small fight. I've tried to have ice cream on occasion for the past two weeks now and every time I have some, I'm regretting it within an hour. NOTHING soothes the frothy, icky feeling that I get high up in my tummy just under my ribs. It's not reflux, it's not like I'm going to be sick...it's this intense, frothy, air in my tummy feeling that I can't get rid of no matter what I do other than wait and be super uncomfortable. For a split second I thought it was just Culver's ice cream that did me in, but nope! It's home ice cream, Culver's, Cold Stone, you name it. The thing that really gets me is that many pregnant women savor in the fact that they get to eat ice cream all the time and it's so great...and here I eat a bite of ice cream and I'm the size of a bloated house and hurting. I know I should probably just break down and buy the tums to see if that helps...but I keep forgetting and then never want to go anywhere post-ice cream b/c I'd rather be lying down on the couch praying for it to go away. SO, that's precisely what I'm going to do for the rest of this short night. Why, oh why, did Jason and Julie suggest Cold Stone after BW3s?? Sigh...at least it tasted SO good...

No comments:

Post a Comment