Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spilled a few more beans

Today I told a few more people about our good news. I went to our volleyball game and when the refs saw me in my school clothes, they asked why I wasn't playing so I continued the whole idea of "I hurt my back." I then told the rest of my team (which was really just Jenna & Dustin) and left to stop in at our friends' Kurt & Rachael's house. It was fun b/c they have a 4 1/2 month old who will be just about a year when our little bean is born (and not so little anymore). They were excited as well...I left it very open-ended when I called to say I was going to stop by and said I wanted to stop in for a few minutes to chat...they were worried something was wrong. Very much the opposite. :) I also spilled the beans to some friends back home and had a great catch-up convo with my good friend, Trina. What a good day it turned out to be!

This morning I felt pretty icky but it was about 90% fatigue, 10% nausea. I didn't know if I was going to get any energy but then right around 10am, my energy returned and I got through the rest of the day great! I was rather thankful. I even had enough energy to do a little shopping in the Quad Cities before heading home to the girls. I had two disappointments while in the QC - First, I was in OfficeMax and it suddenly downpoured about an inch of rain in about 10 minutes. On my way to the car (running)I managed to kick mass quantities of water into each shoe. Not a huge deal. Then, I stopped at JCPenny's to get one more pair of "fat pants" for work before I am forced into (what I've heard are super comfy) mommy pants in the next month or two - and they were out. And all the stores in a 100 mile radius were out too! Does everybody wear a size 11 long fat pants? Seriously. Oh well. I guess I'll just do more wash and live in my current fat pants until they fall apart. Bring on the mommy pants (in a few weeks yet).

Well, now that I've officially let myself down and won't be in bed by 9:00pm sharp as originally planned, I best wrap this up so I can take the necessary steps to get there as fast as I can. I'm hoping that a little extra sleep will help the mornings go a little more smoothly. If I can feel better by 9-10am, all will be ok in the world for the next few weeks. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis! Love the site! It's very cute and both Ross and I enjoy reading about the baby antics =) hehe! Ross especially likes making the little digital baby laugh =D haha!

    Thanks so much for making this site! If you have time this weekend maybe we can go hunt down some maternity pants when you're home??

    Take care! Much love! See you soon!

    Kristen & Ross

    ReplyDelete