Thursday, April 16, 2009

14 weeks - Second Trimester Begins!



I feel like the belly has gone down a little this week - I'm attributing it to less bloating and more walking. :)

Well, I've officially hit 14 weeks! That means the 2nd Trimester has started and I can leave (most) 1st Trimester symptoms behind. Like I said in the above caption, I feel like my belly has either gone down or maintained the same size in the past week or two. I was a bit worried about it but after discussing it with some pregnant friends, I feel a bit better about that...was getting nervous even though I have NO reason for caution at this point. Adam continues to enjoy the belly and after I handed him the camera this morning (at 5:46am) to take the 14 weeks picture, he said, "show me that belleh!" with a big smile on his face. I'm glad he likes it and isn't repulsed by it...I like it too even if it means I'm getting heavier or look fat. I don't really care - I'm making a person in there!

Another triumph occurred this week - the baby is now accepting ICE CREAM!! I had finally had enough with the waiting and missing ice cream so after running to Menards (a girl has to compromise sometimes when in the car with her husband), we stopped at Culver's where I ordered a small hot fudge sundae and prayed. When I wasn't in pain within 30-45 minutes...I knew it was a go! What some exciting news...huh? ;)

So in a bit I'm off to the Y to walk while Adam works out. His philosophy at the moment is that he's going to lose a few pounds while I gain a few. I'm down with that. As long as we're talking few and not tens on my end in the next few weeks. That's just bad. Dr. Coleman might have to give me a talk then. :) Happy 2nd Trimester to us!



This shirt made me look huge but it was so cute I couldn't wait to wear it anymore. Like I said...deceivingly huge-looking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment