Friday, April 24, 2009

Was that it?

Today I was emailing back and forth with some friends and mentioned to a fellow preggers SLP that I THINK I might have felt some kicks at this point but it's so hard to tell. I was reassured this afternoon (by the same said SLP friend) that the baby won't kick hard until several weeks from now. Too funny though - shortly after I emailed my two friends about it, I'm pretty sure Baby Schmidt took a few quick (wimpy) punches to my upper belly area. They're just so soft yet and if that was really the baby moving, then I think I have been feeling him/her for a few (less than 2) weeks now. That's pretty neat! Just think - some day sooner than I think, I'll be praying for him/her to stop trying to break my ribs and poke a hole in my bladder with tiny fingers. :) I joked with Adam that since the kicks are pretty wimpy at this point, the baby must be taking after him. He had words of disagreement...

Sweets are officially off the list of things that are OK to eat unless I've eaten a full meal and have a small sweet something for dessert. Cereal (semi-healthy kind) was even not so great the other morning. It's not that it makes me feel like I'm going to BE sick, but it gives me a rather sour stomach for a while that does not feel the best. I don't know if this is considered morning sickness (which, contrary to popular belief, can be any day, any time, all 9 months but not usually) but if the baby doesn't want sweets for now, I'm willing to oblige (but also think s/he's taking after his/her daddy...I LOVE sweets and Adam occasionally does, but not very often).

Luke (friend in our wedding party) is on his way right now to visit and participate in a track meet with his wife and two young boys (2y/o and 7m/o). I'm praying and praying that Maddie and Jessie behave themselves and am fully prepared to kennel them a majority of the time they are here. I just don't want them to get too excited and jump on the boys...although the practice would be good. Jessie did pretty well with little ones at Christmas, so I'm sure she'll be fine...can't help but be a little nervous though, as you never know how people really feel about dogs and most won't tell you...

Adam's on his way home from his first night of a month of weekend classes. He's stopping at McD's for me to get me some fries. He called me on my way home from work today and said he was "craving cheese curds" and asked if I'd stop and pick some up at Culver's. I did. And then told him if he didn't pick up a craving for me sometime SOON he was going to hear it (since he has YET to do this husbandly duty yet and YES, I've had cravings). Hence, he's on his way to pick up the world's best french fries ever. ;) I just had an apple so the baby got something good... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment