This past weekend was great! We had a nice Easter weekend with my dad, stepmom Sue, Ross, and his fiance Kristin. They came down Friday and then Saturday we watched Adam play softball for a bit before heading to the Quad Cities for lunch and a little shopping. I picked up a few maternity shirts as it's getting harder and harder for me to find shirts in my closet that are long enough to cover the bands on my mommy pants. I haven't worn them yet as they are more late spring/summer shirts, but pretty soon I'm going to have to hit the maternity shirts with reckless abandon. :) I look forward to my sister-in-law sending me some of her maternity things and even though she's a bit smaller than me in general, I'm hoping some of the shirts and potentially a few capris/shorts (she's much shorter than I am) will fit. Back to the weekend though...we got home and waited for Adam to finish his softball tourny and played cornhole, the guys drank beer, and we burned sticks and whatever else needed to be burned around the yard. Sounds like a redneck Saturday if you ask me but it was great. :) We had Easter dinner Saturday night and then went to the driving range where Ross hit some bombs, Dad got the hang of his swing, and we all got really sore for the next day.
On the baby side, things are going well. I'm finding that I can eat a little bit bigger meals now and not feel like I'm dying of a punch to the gut. I'm pretty sure we're going to go run a few errands later tonight and then stop at Culver's...I'm ready to try ice cream again and the later in the night I try it, the less time I have for my stomach to hurt IF it does...fingers crossed!!
My belly felt really big by the end of the weekend after eating a bunch of Easter food and drinking lots of water Sunday night. A long walk at the Y and eating a little lighter yesterday took care of that. Just a normal-sized belly now. :) Other than that, not much else is going on. Adam starts 7 days of 12-hr shifts again this Thursday. Ho hum, it will be a quiet weekend. Hopefully the rest of the week goes well and I get all my IEPs done on time at work. The summer light is just barely visible at the end of the 4th quarter tunnel...but just barely... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment