So yesterday and today I spent some time at Augustana College in Rock Island (one of the Quad Cities) watching UWSP (my alma mater) throwers represent! Our friend, Noah, from college is currently coaching the throws team (which I used to be on, for those of you who don't know) and since we hadn't seen him for over a year, it was only right to go! Adam couldn't make it to the meet either Friday or Saturday b/c he is on 7 days of 12-hr shifts (chances are good that it might be his last week!). But Noah spent the night and we all had a chance to catch up. I didn't miss throwing too much, but was irritated that I could probably have put a pair of shoes on and beat (most likely) all the hammer throwers as well as score in the top 8 for disc. Ugh. It isn't like it used to be, that's for sure. ;-)
Other than that, nothing too major is going on. We're just starting to get rain which I think is going to stick around for a few days. I'm sure the dogs will be completely stir crazy by the time it's finally nice out again just in time to (finally) cut our grass which is getting pretty long now. I wonder if the baby can take me riding on the mower...that's a lot of bouncing around!
No comments:
Post a Comment