Friday, April 10, 2009

Flowers and Week 13



Well, Wednesday afternoon rolls around and I'm trying to get some paperwork done at the office before heading out to the next birth-3 students to end the day. One of the secretaries comes around the corner to my desk announcing that I got flowers! I was sure she was mistaken b/c Adam was in Quebec all week and doesn't always do this sort of thing on a whim...and I hadn't even been hinting recently...but sure enough! He sent me these beautiful flowers! Big brownie points for him that day. :)

Things babywise haven't changed much the rest of this week other than hitting the big 13 week milestone. This is officially my last week in Trimester 1 so that's an exciting thing to leave behind. Don't get me wrong - the first trimester really wasn't too bad (hindsight is a lot easier than experiencing first hand) and I'm excited for things to come in the 2nd trimester. Everyone who knows anything about pregnancy says the 2nd trimester is positively the greatest of the three and with spring/summer on the way (no more snow!!), it's a fun thing to look forward to.

I don't feel like my belly changed much this week, but after comparing to last week, I suppose there's a slight difference in size. I was getting worried b/c I felt like I was suddenly growing at quite the quick pace and that I would be too big for my bridesmaid dress for Steph's wedding at the end of June. With a bit of a slow down here (we'll see how long it lasts), I feel a bit more confident that I won't be the size of a small office building by then...perhaps not until the end of September (just in time for J&J's wedding...).

Our little peanut is about 3" long this week. Babycenter.com compared this stage/size to a large shrimp. Nice. Last week s/he was a lime, so it sounds like they're trying to make a new seafood recipe if you ask me. Let's see, cravings this week - anything with potatoes in it. French fries. Mashed potatoes. Tater tots. You name it. That's what I need. Also, I still have a ridiculous need for lobster, but Adam hasn't given in yet. It WILL happen. I DON'T care if it costs a million dollars. And I WILL eat the whole thing. :) Oh here's another craving - dry red wine. What is that?!? I like sweet white wine. Who knows. One craving I won't give in to. I know some will say it's fine, but that's my line. Drawn. Not to be crossed. Not even at church. They put juice in the middle for a reason. :)

One thing that seems to keep following me is the inability to eat ice cream and the extreme pain I get if I eat even slightly more than my stomach can handle. It literally feels like someone punched me high in the gut right under the middle of my ribs. It takes hours to go away. Tums subsides in minimally. So, sadly enough, no ice cream (or McD's parfaits I found out yesterday) and smaller than usual portions for now. My friend's inability to eat ice cream cleared up at 15 weeks...I can only hope and pray. As soon as I find out I'm good to go there, I'm heading to Coldstone for mint ice cream with brownies mixed in. Yum.....

So for this weekend, Adam flies in today in a few hours, and my Dad, Sue, brother Ross, and his fiance Kristen are coming down for Easter. Should be a fun time! But if they're coming, I should really clean the house and get ready for Adam to come with me to pick up the groceries, so off I go! Happy Easter if I don't post until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment