I had the best day today. Well, after around 10am or so. :) My home visits all went well, my kids are all progressing nicely, and one of them canceled so I could get an extra bit of paperwork/email done. :) So I went to my last home visit at the end of the day to a family who's just potentially/most likely had their last little one a few months ago. Mom had packed up a van FULL of things to send to their church for a church rummage sale. Mom mentioned she wishes she would have thought of it earlier, but she had a bunch of maternity clothes (oh no! I want them! I'll give money!!) and other potentially great things she was going to give away. After a bit more discussion, she decided I MUST take home three bags of maternity clothes that she didn't have in the van (I couldn't believe she had more stuff outside of that very full van). She told me most of them were from motherhood maternity (reasonably priced, I've been there) and mimi maternity (a very expensive place that I've only looked at online and denounced b/c I wasn't spending that kind of money on maternity clothes), as well as a few pieces she made herself. She told me to "borrow" them but sounded like she couldn't make up her mind if I should keep them or not. SO, I'm going to borrow them but am so excited to have something else to choose from besides 2-3 pairs of pants that currently fit and be frustrated almost every morning b/c my shirts don't cover the band on my mommy pants. I tried to offer her money and she almost beat me up. She wasn't taking ANYthing for the clothes and after a second try, I gave in since she was NOT having it.
I was so grateful and feeling really lucky to have these clothes...and then she said wait I have this bassinet that I'm having a hard time parting with in the van - do you want to take a look at it? I said of course! Adam and I enjoy saving money (I was planning on giving her money at this point but it had to be cheaper than buying it outright). I looked at it and fell in absolute love. It's very traditional looking and all white. It's adorable. I will post a picture tomorrow when I put up my 15 week picture. 15 weeks! I know! It's suddenly going really fast and the idea that I'm only 5 weeks away from the half way point suddenly scares me just a little bit as the bassinet is really the only major thing we currently have. I think once we see the next u/s at 20 weeks and I start feeling kicks/punches, we'll be a bit more proactive about things like furniture, onsies, bottles, etc...oh, writing bottles just made me take one step closer to this being more real. I know I see/feel the belly every day. But it's still a little surreal without the kicks and flutters of the baby on the inside. Still no movements as of today besides the one tap last week. :-( All in good time I know, and in a few months I'll be posting about how I have a broken rib, I swear...I still can't wait. :) After a dinner of amazing shish kabobs, amazing weather, and a tiny piece of brownie (as sugary things haven't agreed with me the past few days), I'm going to relax on this couch the rest of the night. 15 weeks tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment