Friday, October 9, 2009

Big Day - FOUR days left!

I know, it doesn't make sense, does it? Yesterday we had 7 days left...today 4? Yup! I had my 39-week doctor's appointment today and it was GREAT! Here are the highlights of today - they're gooooood:
  • My due date, as you know, is October 15th. Weeellll, it turns out that it's really October 13th! We started out on the 15th but somewhere in the measurements/ultrasounds, Dr. Coleman switched it to Oct. 13th and in all my confusion I didn't really get it although looking back, I'm pretty sure she told me this a while ago. So instead of changing weeks on Thursdays, we're changing weeks on Tuesdays...and I'm that much closer to 40 weeks!! We have induction scheduled for Monday, Oct. 19th, but we're all pretty sure that we're not going to make it that long. :)
  • Last week I was 70% effaced. I am now 80% effaced. Woo hoo for progress!
  • Last week I was 0cm dilated. I am now 2cm dilated! Only 8 more to go...how hard can that be? These first two were so easy...AH HA HA HA HA HA, obviously I'm kidding. Just a little positive thinking...
  • The baby does not like it when Dr. Coleman pokes her head. She kicks pretty hard then but I'm not concentrating on her during those moments, to be honest.
So that's where we're at. Dr. Coleman didn't seem like she'd be surprised if the baby came this weekend. I'm willing to bet it might be early next week if it isn't this weekend. We just got back from stopping at a few stores and I had some serious slow times of walking b/c things were so "twingy" real low. I wonder if that means more dilation? Who knows...all I know is that I'm feeling rather peaceful at the moment and am not so sure I'm going to get that burst of energy before she gets here. I don't really mind or care...we are just very excited and happy that it will be sooner rather than later...Oh! I had a dream two nights ago that I'd had her and was nursing her. She was so tiny and had just a medium amount of darkish hair. I switched sides and actually felt like I knew what I was doing. She was beautiful. I wonder if she's going to look anything like that when she gets here. (smiling mommy-to-be)

No comments:

Post a Comment