Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DUE DATE TODAY

So today is our due date! T-minus ZeRo days! We've had more contractions today but clearly since it's 7:45pm, it's not our day today. She will not have "Friday the 13th" birthdays every 5th/6th year. That's ok with me though. I had a great day at my elementary school in Davenport. I decided that since I'm super close to being on maternity leave, I needed to take the day, not see kids, and finish up any and all last-minute paperwork and organizing for my sub there. I felt a little guilty not seeing kids, but thankfully kids don't die or become seriously injured if they miss working on their /r/ sounds, or story retells, or whatever all my crazy munchkins work on for one day. :) I got everything pretty much where I wanted it to be save for one phone call to a student's parents b/c they didn't answer and there was no answering machine. I'd call that pretty good for one day. I feel very confident leaving that school to my sub. I'm pretty confident in the high school as well...but 0-3 is another story. NOT b/c of my subs - I have all the confidence in the world in them and they might (well, are likely going to) be better than me in that area. I'm worried about my bosses thinking that I will be able to do things while I'm in labor, forcing me to split up my caseload and doing some of their job for prep, and just overall kind of "irking" me. I'm also frustrated b/c one of my teachers who's been bugging me and has since been ok...is now back at it and tried to plan my entire day tomorrow since it "seemed like I'd be there" with visits, evaluations, and paperwork. F.R.U.S.T.R.A.T.I.N.G. I sort of hope my water breaks tonight so she can stop asking me questions, stop trying to be my boss, and just have to deal with it. I'm not going to lie - they (my teachers) have it kind of good with me. I bust my @$$ for that assignment and even though I LOVE working with the little ones and their families, sometimes everything that goes with it is tough. Ok, enough dwelling on work. I will soon have a big break from it so that's exciting. :) Even if it's a little terror who doesn't let me sleep that I love more than life itself...:)

Ok, off to clean and be active and see if we can't keep some contractions going or wear my uterus out so it just starts squeezing like crazy. Right. She's been slowly active today, meaning not huge punch the mamma movements, but just gentle, momma I'm still here movements. :) I went with Julie for a looong walk - we must have made it almost 2 miles - and was pretty sore/pressure-y by the time we got back - perfect! :) We'll see what tomorrow brings. It should be a relatively easy day at work as long as all the people above leave me alone. :) If nothing else, I'll pull the P-card and crank out some hormones...within reason of course. ;-) Birthday #1, ruled out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment