Monday, October 5, 2009

Calm before the storm? (10 days)

Today was a rather quiet day on the baby front which was entirely expected after the past few days' antics. ESPECIALLY after last night when this little monkey was moving around SO much that Adam could have seen her from across the house and through the walls. Ok, or maybe just from across the room. :) Still!! It was crazy! But today I'm pretty sure she's been sitting in a different spot which is fine with us b/c she's been quiet and it doesn't feel too weird to me. I think it's just her usual "wrong" spot with her back to the right and limbs to the left...yup, just felt for her and she gave me a mighty kick on the left. For some reason though, we're both ok with it.

As for work, I'm still working on getting things "set" for my subs. The reality of things is that I will never be ready for them to take over and I've come to terms with that. A few weeks ago if you'd have asked me if I was ready for this baby to come, I'd have said an emphatic "No! I have too much work to do yet!!" Now, however, I have had my change of heart and am ready to let someone else take over if need be. I still have several evals to do for birth-3, but since they keep coming and never get under 4 to do at any given time, it's inevidable that I won't get to them all. Ah, and that's ok. My IEPs are pretty well done for Wilson. My IEPs for the high school are ok for the most part. We shall see. I'm getting more excited each day to meet this munchkin and the urgency of prep for work is diminishing as I get more done.

She must have read what I wrote about her being quiet today as she's awake now and starting to get wiggly. Maybe it was that little box of Nerds I ate 15 minutes ago...a weakness, preggo or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment