Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow in October? (3 days)

Yup, you read that correctly. We had snow this morning. I had no clue it was coming and while Adam was doing some things outside, I randomly checked the weather channel to see a huge band of snow coming our way literally within minutes. And unfortunately, they were right. None of the snow stuck, but we must have had light snow for at least 2-3 hours. Oct. 10th, 2009 and snow. Never thought those two would go together!

Today my friend Abbie threw out the idea of doing some walking/shopping in the Quad Cities to see if we couldn't walk this baby out...so off I went with nothing really major to buy except for some little electronic thing that Adam needed (and I didn't find). Turns out that I found some really good deals at Kohl's and ended up spending $50 and saving $150!! I LOVE those kinds of deals. :) We went to several stores and I got my first nursing tanks - 2 - and hate spending full price on things like that. But it's something I need so it must be purchased. It was hard to buy them in my "old" size b/c from this end of things, it doesn't feel like I'll ever be that size again. Abbie promised! I'm holding her to it. And I have to say that Abbie's daughter, Campbell, is one of the cutest, funniest little buttons ever. She was super fun to play with and so adaptable. Going to have to take some tips from them and other parents who have such flexible kids. :)

So the shopping really didn't do anything to get any labor going. In fact, this has been one of the quieter days in the past week or so...hmm. Calm before the storm? I don't know. Due to today's feelings or lack there of, I'm back on the idea that she's not coming any time soon and her birthday might just be Oct. 19th (when we're induced). Still no mucous plug, spotting, nothing. So we'll just take it one day at a time and hope things continue to progress. But now it's time to kick off my shoes (which I got on, along with socks, all by myself - so proud) and lie down for a while. The house could use a little attention, but I can do that later when I'm making chili for those who come to help out Adam with wood splitting. My job might be to run the lever though so we'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment