I woke up today and it was SUPER dreary outside as it was where most of you reading this likely experienced. Then I just didn't feel like going to work this morning but had to so I have enough PTO to make my leave as long as I want and still have some left over for appointments or sick days depending on what the monkey and I do in terms of health. By the time I got to work I was in quite the funk and convinced I'm going to be pregnant forever, I'm going to have to be induced b/c she's going to stay in there forever, and it's just going to be an endless wait until this monkey gets here. Thankfully I have wonderful coworkers who worked their best to convince me otherwise (and did well) and along with that I was able to get a ton of paperwork done before kids arrived for the day b/c my sped meeting didn't have any speech concerns so my presence was not required. :) By the time lunch arrived, I was in much better shape.
One of the topics that had me concerned today is the pull/tug I'm experiencing about how visitors (mostly people/family from out of town since they will be here for a few days at a time) are going to work once the baby is here and we're home. While I want everyone to meet the baby and have the opportunity to hold her, etc., I'm torn with how it will all work. I'll leave it at that. After some discussion with Adam (which we really need to do more of on this yet), I think we are going to have a handle on it...I think. It's not that I/we don't want visitors - we really do! I'm just a little worried about how starting the baby's routine will work during that first week if she doesn't have a chance to get a handle on one. Hopefully this doesn't sound like we don't want visitors. That's completely not the case. We actually can't wait for people to see/meet her. But I'm pretty sure other moms AND dads know what I'm talking about. I also need to remember that almost EVERYone else has done this, have had more visitors than we could even imagine, and their children turned out just fine. So we'll be ok with visitors and can't wait to see the looks on family & friends' faces when they meet our little...oh! Thought I was going to write her name, didn't you?!? :) Soon, ladies and gents, soon. Thanks for letting me think on paper...well, screen.
I am feeling much better since my morning funk (which had MUCH more to do with being huge/pregnant and us meeting our baby than it did with the visitors question) and wish these BHCs would get more intense (although they make me walk slower now b/c otherwise I'll pee my pants half the time) and painful and turn into real contractions. :) Today I was a little "twingy" which could mean things are progressing or nothing new is happening. I'm going to go with the imagery idea and envision things progressing. :) I'm also planning to stay super active (or as active as I can) so hopefully that will help. :) I'm stressed now that people will be hesitant to come visit so I'm almost ready to go back and delete that whole paragraph...but I think I made it clear that we want visitors and are excited for them. So we're clear then? Come visit.....?
No comments:
Post a Comment