Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dr. Appt Update

I really didn't want to go to school today. I was ready to just be done, stay home, and pray for dilation/water breaking. So I got up and went anyway and am so happy I did. The teachers and staff were so sweet and gave me tons of well wishes...my kids were all good and SHOCKED that I wouldn't be back until after Christmas. I was thinking it would be ok to wait until Valentine's Day, but we like my paycheck...ok, need my paycheck...so I'll be going back as planned. :)

I left school a bit early to go to my next regular checkup, fully expecting to have dilated maybe another cm or maybe effaced to 90% or so...and then she checked and told me I had made...NO CHANGE. Nothing! How can that be?? I walked MILES in the past few days...I ate spicy food...I did all sorts of things to progress or get her moved along or SOMETHING...nothing. Oh well, we're set for getting this birthing ball rolling so here's the game plan:

Friday: Date night with my husband (really looking forward to this!)
Saturday: No plans yet
Sunday: 6pm, head to the hospital for an overnight of prostoglandins (helps to get my cervix ready for more dilation/effacement).
Monday: 6am. Start pitocin if no progress has been made. Birth baby. :) Become parents. Best day EVER!

So we'll keep you posted! Still getting contractions here and there but nothing consistent or reliable. But think contracting, labor-like thoughts for me and hopefully something will happen before Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment