Sunday, October 4, 2009

A day of cooking (11 days)

Adam is currently on his last golf outing with the boys this morning while I'm at home corralling the dogs and getting ready to make frozen dinners for when our little acrobat gets here. I'm pretty excited to have that stuff in the freezer - the plan is to make chili, chicken enchiladas, lasagna, and chicken pot pie...we'll see how long my feet last as to whether or not I get to them all. Adam also requested I make my apple crisp pie and since that sounds like the next best thing to heaven to me, that is also in the plans. :) That's not so hard though (unless I make homemade crust...mmm) so that shouldn't be a problem. Pretty excited...

So last night I had a minor meltdown about the length of this pregnancy and the monkey wreaking havoc in my belly. I was trying to get comfy on the couch b/c I was tired and it just wasn't happening. I tried the pillow under my belly - our usual comfy position - and it wasn't working. I tried pulling it out a little, and it was too far. Tried pushing it back in...too far again. Lifting myself up to move the pillow - ow. The entire time, she was kicking and moving and kicking all in the same area that she had been torturing all day Saturday as well as Friday and I finally just (mildly) lost it. I cried a little and told Adam that while I feel rather guilty for feeling this way, a teeny part of me is soooooooo eager to have this baby so I can have my body back (save for breastfeeding, of course). So I can go about my day without having to push limbs and rears back into my stomach after they're poking out so that it doesn't hurt so much. So I can roll over, lie on the couch, exist even without having to put forth a freak-ton of effort or be sore during any of those activities. My amazing husband reassured me that I shouldn't feel bad for feeling that way and that it will be alright. So then we come to this morning and I couldn't wait to feel her tiny little body wiggling around and waking up in my belly and when she did, I couldn't help but smile and gently rub her through my belly. I guess it was just one of those moments last night where most, if not all, women finally get to at the end of their pregnancies when they are just READY to have their baby right there to hold, see, hear...and be a mommy to a beautiful little baby.

Yesterday was the day we became officially packed and ready to go. Adam installed the car seat in the Highlander, my bags were packed as far as they could be, and all that needs to be done is for Adam to throw a few things in the bag and we're set. Since he can leave the hospital, chances are pretty good that we'd be ready to go if we need to grab bags and run - which likely won't be the case as it is in movies. All we need is a baby that's ready to come out!

On a sidenote - we're having some issues with our usually very well-behaved older dog (she's almost 3) who has suddenly decided that if she sees a squirrel past her electronic fence, that she will likely just go for it and break through the fence to try to get it. What?!?! Our well-behaved Maddie?? It's been baffling but it happened again yesterday while Adam was home so I was glad he could see that I wasn't nuts and she really was being so bad. Let's keep our fingers crossed that all the squirrels in our Rolling Acres subdivision go to a different street to live and stop tempting our naughty dog...riiiiggghhhhhtt....

No comments:

Post a Comment