Here we are, one week to go!! Theoretically speaking, of course. It could really be 2 weeks to be honest unless I can convince my amazing doctor otherwise. Which just might be possible b/c she is THAT cool. :) I also have to say I can't WAIT for my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning at 11:30am and while I would never have guessed I was so excited to be "checked" in my life, I can't wait to be checked!! Hopefully she'll have some sort of progress to report to me, especially after all the "twinginess" I had this week. The picture below is my 38-week picture from last week...compare to the picture below it from THIS week (39 weeks)...and you tell me if I've/she's dropped...I was quite impressed with how much I think these pictures are different but that's just me...although others have told me the same thing. I'm pretty excited about it for what it HOPEFULLY means...38 weeks

39 weeks
Some other noteworthy things from today - I could NOT get full. I ate any and everything I could get my hands on for lunch. And didn't hurt at ALL like I usually do nowadays when I overeat. I was still super hungry when I got home for dinner and since I had to wait until Adam got home, I dove into some spicy salsa and chips - SO good...but then the baby went NUTS! She was wiggling so much Adam was quite impressed with her movement. Crazy little monkey...but now I'm finally full and might have even overdone it just a teeny bit. The only problem with all this is that tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'm going to hit my "oh hell no" number when I step on the scale. The thought of it scares the shit out of me, actually. I promised myself I would never in my life get over this number and it was very realistic as long as I was only ever pregnant with one baby and not twins. Sigh. There's nothing that can be done about it now. I don't know if I even want to know. I am not going to think about it anymore or Adam is going to come home from his softball games to a blubbering, hormonal mess...sigh.My BHCs (braxton hicks contractions) are getting more symmetrical, more intense, but unfortunately, not really painful or anything. So for now, we're calling them BHCs and not real ones. Sigh.
Another mentionable...Adam's been losing sleep lately. No, he's not worried about the baby or me. No, he's not thinking about work. He's definitely not thinking about really anything else...but what he IS doing is playing with the baby while I'm sleeping!!! At first I thought this was cute, but now I'm wondering if he's keeping her up late if she's going to keep this routine once she gets here...I wonder if I need to scold them to go to sleep and quit playing so we can all sleep later when she FINALLY gets here. :) (although secretly I think it's one of the most adorable things I've ever heard of in my whole life - she kicks him and wiggles all over while he pokes her back...I love that.)
And for my final noteworthy tidbit - I still have my belly button! Ha! It's a little flat...ok VERY flat, but hey! It's still flat/in so there. :) And that's all I have to say about that.
Let's all hope and pray this little monkey decides to make her appearance without help and on time. We really just can't wait to meet her!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment